National Cleaver Awards is a prestigious recognition for product and service excellence in the South African butchery industry. The competition was launched in 2005 to meet the needs of the consumer by raising standards amongst butcheries and since then these awards have proven to do just that. Consumer feedback indicates that the majority perceive the Cleavers Awards to be a seal of approval, since entry is by customer nomination only.
Butcheries competed in the following categories in the 2018 competition:
- Butcheries with 4 or more till points
- Butcheries with 3 or less till points
- Food Market/Supermarket Butcheries
Arch Retail is the solution of choice to the following National and Regional winners:
- Impala Vleis, Brits: National Platinum Winner (4 or more till points)
- Uitkyk Vleismark, Silverton: Gauteng Platinum Winner (Food Market)
- Uitkyk Vleismark, Lichtenburg: North West Platinum Winner (3 or less till points)
- Excellent Meat, Elsiesrivier: Western Cape Platinum Winner (4 or more till points)
A very proud Walther and Francois Rossouw from Impala Vleis with their award
It is noteworthy that all four butcheries (Impala Vleis, Uitkyk (Silverton), Uitkyk (Lichtenburg) and Excellent Meat) were category winners (Platinum) in their respective regions, while Impala Vleis was voted the top 4-or-more-till butchery, in the country! Congratulations to Francois & Walter Rossouw (Impala Vleis), Fred Cornelius & Anita Labuschagne (Uitkyk Silverton), Susan Ludick (Uitkyk Lichtenburg) and Liaqat & Ismail Sonday (Excellent Meat). We salute you.
Arch Retail is applied in many independent butcheries throughout Southern Africa, but also used in butchery departments of leading chains, such as OK Foods, Cambridge Foods, Saverite, President Hyper, RCL Foods, Rhino Cash & Carry and A1 Food. For more information on functionalities offered to increase efficiency and profitability in a butchery, click here.